Meeting the Teacher... and other things I wasn't really prepared for.

I'll start off by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVE!!! As of this past Thursday, Mike is as old as me... for one month till my birthday... but hopefully I can just squeak by ninja style this year and pretend my birthday didn't happen. I'm not too overly geeked to be so closely nearing my way to 30. In my head its this whole roller coaster train wreck of time where I turn 28 in October and then immediately become 30 the next week without accomplishing anything I wanted to do before I turned 30. Yes. I have a list. Not like a physical written out list, or even one 100% set in stone, but a general idea of things I would liked to have done. Like have another baby, get married to the man I love (which when I thought of these things many, many moons ago, I assumed I would have met by the big 3-0, and if I hadn't, I figured he probably just wasn't out there... and go figure I actually had met him quite sometime ago and didn't realize it was him till we reunited a couple years ago serendipitously and we've been together ever since... but really that's a whole different story for a different blog entry.), go somewhere I've never been, conquer a fear, make a dent in the list of crafty projects that is growing longer with every trip to Pinterest, you fascinating addictive devils.
You know, pretty standard typical stuff... But I haven't yet accomplished any of it!, well.. maybe some of the crafty projects, but not nearly enough. And Mike and I aren't married but we are just a few months away from our 3 year anniversary and we did just buy a house together so, I'm not doing too bad. Anyway... the point of all that is... Mike is old now. ;) Happy Birthday Mike.

 
 ...
 

In other news, Thursday was Mackenzie's open house at school. It was my first open house as a parent and not a student, and it was definitely an experience getting to see who she spends her days with. She's already got a little boyfriend who has informed his parents he will be marrying Mackenzie some day... hm.
She's also now had her first real play date with one of her little friends from school. It's cute seeing how much fun they have together and how excited they get to see each other. I definitely remember feeling that way when I was younger.