Spaghetti Noodle Adventures

So it's Thursday which means I have to go to class tonight. I'm still a little on the fence about how I feel about an on campus class. I can safely say I'm not the oldest one there which is nice, but it's just a little odd actually sitting in a classroom again. I have to take notes. And I have homework. Which.. I mean I have to take notes and have homework in my online classes too but I'm pretty sure my teacher is like 6 years younger than me lol. It's just wierd. I don't really know how else to explain it. I'll get used to it I'm sure, I probably shouldn't put that much emphasis on how I feel about a class I've been to exactly one time.


In the mean time, on our new found one paycheck budget, I've been trying to find new recipes for old standby's, like spaghetti noodles! Spaghetti is awesome (I'm told frequently) and Mike and my kiddo (the tall one that walks and is missing her two front teeth, not the short one that drools and prefers his food in bottle form) both love it, but I've never actually been a big fan. I love alfredo, that is one of my favorites but no one else in the house likes it... well that's not true Kenzie does in fact like alfredo but she can't be bothered to learn it's name so until she sees me eating it she insists she doesn't like it then she proceeds to eat my whole plate. Spaghetti and I, on the other hand, were always more on a every once in a while because someone else made it and thats all there is to eat type relationship, and generally I eat mine in sandwich form. Don't judge me. I don't mind making it either but I just thought, we have all these spaghetti noodles and if I've figured anything out by now it's that spaghetti noodles and Alfredo sauce... not actually a win. Something about it just... no. Nooooo. No. A resounding no. SO... what to do when I don't feel like using half a loaf of bread on spaghetti sandwiches or making 2 meals for 1 dinner... I started searching around pinterest (of course I did) and found a few interesting recipes that sounded like they absolutely wouldn't suck and there was a good chance we would all like them.
This recipe actually called for linguine but I couldn't see any specific reason it wouldn't be good with spaghetti noodles instead. There are a few things Mike and I agreed we could live without the next time around, but also that there should in fact be a next time around because it was really quite tasty.
Basically we decided that it would be tastier sans breadcrumbs. And I added steak to it that I cut into strips and mixed in. Jury's out on if it would have been better as a side dish to the steak or if it being all mixed together was a win, will probably try it that way next time, but I also figured if you were going to mix a meat in, grilled chicken... equally tasty.
And then this recipe... omg... let's just discuss this recipe. So easy. So much heaven in a bowl. Easy homemade Chinese food that actually tastes good... win. Winnnnnn. Gold medal placement at the Olympics type win. And with it being made by me, I got to leave out all the veggies that I would normally be picking out anyway. Without the veggies let me just add this whole thing took about 5 minutes. Again it called for chinese noodles (yaki-soba (or ramen)), but I used spaghetti noodles and I'm super glad I did. So tasty, so filling, and so super easy. The only thing I didn't have was ginger, so I sprinkled in just a little bit of cinnamon instead and it was so good. Definitely will be using this again for lunch and when I have some chicken or steak to mix in, dinner.

Happy Thursday all. I have chapters to read before class tonight.

Me and my tiny editor hope you all have a fantastic day.