Turning 21 again... for the 7th time

So last Wednesday was my birthday. It was a good day. 13 is one of my lucky numbers so I had hoped that this years birthday would go well, I don't have the most solid history of good birthdays, but this years was very good indeed. I didn't do much, just went to work and got spoiled rotten with nifty goodies and gifts from my family and friends like these awesome handmade owl frames my friend Brittney made for me:



Later on I had a little family dinner with my Dad and his fiancĂ© Madonna, Mike and Mackenzie at Olive Garden, then my Grama made me some cuppycakes (yellow with fudge frosting - the best kind of cuppycake!) and that's all she wrote. It was very relaxing and simple and nice. Friday night Brittney, Tyler, and Sarina came over for some belated birthday drinks with Mike and I, and it was a good mini celebration, I didn't have a lot of motivation to do anything big this year, I don't usually do much anyway Mike's b-day is only a few weeks before me and I try to do something bigger for him and we are also hosting our first Halloween party this year so I guess I just wanted to take it easy and save some money while I can.

Over the last couple weeks we also went on the Spoon River Drive and scored some pretty awesome garage sale finds, and our first 2013 fall pumpkin(s) One big one and a handful of small ones. On the way home we saw the brightest rainbow, it was awesome


and I went a little crazy at Barnes and Noble and spent way too much more than I should have on some new comics, which may have been silly since my reading backlog is already quite long.


That's all I've got for now. Things have been hectic the last few weeks, I'd like to try to get a couple updates in on some projects I'd like to do for the party, so we will see how that goes.
Have a great week everyone <3